3,4 have absolutely LOVED our class novel, The Legend of Podkin One-Ear.
What a gripping tale of three young rabbits who have had their lives turned upside down. There were many trials and tribulations on their adventures and we had become so emotionally invested in these characters that we were cheering for them, hoping they can succeed.
Here are some questions you can ask your child:
- What was your favourite part of the book and why?
- Who was your favourite character and why?
- Did your favourite character change at different stages of the story and why?
- Which of the settings was your favourite and why?
- What different emotions did you feel and when did you feel them?
Your child might like to draw some of the characters and settings, using what they can remember from the descriptions we’ve read in class.
Keep checking our class news for an announcement on what our class novel is going to be for the next half term. You might want to get a copy to read and discuss at home to work alongside what we learn at school.