Today, we started our science based mini-topic.
We made and recorded predictions about what would happen when we poured water on to Skittles.
Eva predicted that the Skittles would move around and float in the water.
Annabelle predicted that the Skittles would move and the colouring would come off in the water, leaving them white.
Finlay also predicted that the water would make the Skittles move and leave them white.
This is what actually happened!
This got us thinking!
- Freya: What would happen if we poured hot water on Skittles?
- Evie: What would happen if we poured milk on Skittles?
- Brandon: What would happen if we poured lemonade on M & Ms?
- Conor: What would happen if we poured water on Smarties?
- Ben: What would happen if we poured water on Skittles that were placed in a line instead of in a circle?
- Lilia: What would happen if we also added an extra Skittle in the middle of the dish?
The children are keen to try out some of their ideas at home. Let us know what you find out!