This week, we’ve had a busy week of celebrations. We talked about Halloween, Bonfire Night and we learnt about Diwali. We read the story of Rama and Sita and talked about Diwali and how it is celebrated. Some of the children’s comments are below:
- “…because we want to let the special lady (Lakshmi) into our home…they have lanterns to make her feel welcome.”
- “They lit lanterns to get home.”
- “The King won’t let them home.”
We looked at the similarities between Diwali and other celebrations such as Bonfire Night, Christmas and New Year.
- “They clean up and decorate the house.”
- “They give presents to each other.”
- “They put lights up.”
Two children enjoyed sharing their experiences of Diwali with the class.
- “We put decorations on the floor. It was a temple and a flower.”
- “We lit candles on the table so everyone can celebrate.”