This week’s homework is Creative and due on Thursday 4th July 2019.
‘Explain what you have learned about refugees’
We have read a fantastic narrative poem The Day War Came, by Nicola Davies; had a workshop with Nola from My Bright Kite; and explored our own understanding through welcome posters in Art.
Now it’s the children’s turn to show what they know.
They can think about:
- Why do people leave their countries?
- What problems will they face?
- How will they feel coming to a new place?
- How do refugees cope with these challenges?
- Where do refugees come from?
- How can we welcome refugees?
- Find out about famous refugees.
Your child can show their learning and understanding in a variety of ways:
an acrostic poem, a poster, a drawing, a collage, a story, or any other creative way you wish!