Thank you to everyone who has e-mailed photographs and details of your activities in the holidays or to those that have sent in leaflets.
One of the most popular activities was pumpkin picking at Farmer Copley’s pumpkin festival, Piglet’s Adventure Park or Canon Hall Farm. It looks like you all had a good time scooping out the slimy insides and carving some very elaborate designs into them. (What a talented group of parents and carers you are!)
You told us all about…
- Discovering dinosaurs at Temple Newsam. Mrs Long thought that she could hear some strange noises when she was hanging washing out in her garden!
- Trips to museums and finding out about space.
- Learning to swing without being pushed.
- Eating pizzas at Pizza Express – mmmmm!
- Shark spotting at The Deep.
- Mark making, drawing pictures and writing letters.
- One lucky person even got to go camping…in the Moroccan desert and met a magician! Lawson told us all about his trip to see the magic man and toasting marshmallows on the fire.
We have enjoyed sharing the photographs with the children and it has been a lovely opportunity for children to tell us all about their adventures. It really helped them to remember what they had done during the holidays; children often forget to tell us about home, just like they forget to tell you about their day in nursery!
Children were excited to see their photographs on our iPads and they were eager to share their experiences with their friends. It provided lots of conversation, even with some of our quieter members of nursery.
Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us and please continue to keep us up to date with your child’s learning and new fascinations and interests.
It’s not too late to send us your holiday photographs if you haven’t already. We’ll look forward to seeing some more.