We’ve been busy planting seeds in nursery and talking about what plants need to grow. Children have notcied some changes in our nursery garden; leaves are starting to grow on the trees and we’ve spotted bees visiting spring flowers.
This week, we’d like you to continue learning about plants and growth. You could…
- Go for a walk around a garden or park. What plants and flowers can you see growing? You could take photos or draw some pictures of things you see.
- We’re learning the ‘f’ sound this week for ‘frogs’ and ‘flowers’. What other words can you think of that begin with ‘f’?
- Does your child like gardening? Send us a photo and tell us what they’re growing at home.
- You could try planting some seeds yourselves. Cress seeds grow quickly!
- Make a model of a flower (Junk modelling, playdough or construction toys) How could you make the stem, the flower and the leaves?
- Paint a picture of some flowers. What colours do you need? What are the parts of a flower called?