There were a variety of emotions as we started back at school this week – apprehension, nerves and excitement to name a few! The Year 1 and 2 children were full of stories from the Summer holidays and settled in well to their new classes. There are some quotes below from children about their first day.
- ‘I like learning and writing at the table.’
- ‘I like my new table.’
- ‘I like seeing my friends from different classes in phonics.’
- ‘I like seeing everyone at playtime.’
- ‘This is fun maths game.’
- ‘What a great first day in Year 2!’
- ‘I loved the Five Star Sports PE lesson and my favourite bit was when I was nearly top banana.’