World Nursery Rhyme Week
Has your child been singing more than usual? We hope so! Children enjoyed singing all of our favourite Nursery rhymes last week, as well as learning some new ones. Thank you for sending in items linked to your child’s favourite rhyme; we loved looking at the rhyme jigsaw book and spider puppet book, as well as ‘tipping’ the teapots and catching monkeys with a crocodile! If you haven’t brought anything in yet for our rhyme table, please do this week. Children are always really excited to show their friends what they’ve brought.
Here are a few highlights from our week of rhymes:
- ‘Polly put the kettle on’ and ‘I’m a Little Tea Pot’ – pouring cups of tea for friends.
- Counting ‘Twinkle Twinkle’ stars and sorting them by size and colour.
- Making ‘5 Currant Buns’ in a baker’s shop.
- Cracking ‘Humpty Dumpty’s’ shell
- Playing a maths game to get ‘Incy Wincy Spider’ to the top of the drain pipe. This involved a lot of counting and subitising (recognising the pattern of dots on a dice).