On Friday, two owlets visited the F2 children. Before the owlets arrived we read a non-fiction book about barn owls. The children learnt about their sight, hearing, food, owl pellets and owlets. We also spoke about the word nocturnal.
After the owlets had visited we asked the children what they had learnt:
- “They don’t hoot, they hiss.”
- “They eat mice and bats.”
- “Claws…picking up everything.”
- “Claws get bigger so they can hold on to things.”
- “Don’t come out in the light.”
- “They are nocturnal.”