Thanks to all of you who attended the parent-teacher meetings last week – it’s always good to see so many supporting their child’s learning.
In the last year or so, one or two governors attend the evenings in order to gather the views of parents and carers. This can provide some useful, independent feedback on how well we’re doing and how we can keep getting better and better. Governors write up a report; here are some of the comments from the report from the evening of Thursday 14 February:
- Without exception, children are happy at school, they enjoy coming and they and their parents know that they are safe. One parent told me, ‘We’re dead happy with the school’.
- The children had a range of subjects that they liked best; one boy told me he liked the challenge of Maths.
- A few of the parents had had children at Scholes over a number of years and have always been happy with what the school has offered.
- A number of children talked to me about the activities they were undertaking in Staying Safe week. They were enjoying it.
- The school has ‘a very approachable staff’ and parents knew that any issues they had would be resolved.
- A parent has been delighted with the school since she moved her children here a year ago – she wished they had always been here!
- Parents feel well informed about everything that is going on.