The children in Year 1 and Year 2 matched the sunshine and came in with sunny smiles and chatter.
They have all settled in well and are beginning to learn the new routines in their new classes.
Each child should’ve brought home an information sheet. It is here below too.
Below is some information about your child’s new class and some of the day to day things that will help your child settle into their new class and routine. Please name everything your child brings into school.
- PE and swimming days (school uniform PE kit can be worn all day on both days)
- Reading eBooks allocation day – Friday. Please bring reading record in on this day.
- Library/love of reading book – Friday
- Spare clothes – can be kept in a small bag on their peg, if required
- Lunch menus – on the Class News/Year 1 & 2 page of the website.
- Playtime snacks – fruit or vegetables only please but there is a fruit/veg bowl in each class for playtimes
- Water bottle – should be in school every day, can be emptied and refilled in school
- Children will have their own tray for suncream, tissues, hats/gloves, snack
- Coat – please send one every day as we may be learning outside
- Numbots/TTRockstars username and password is stuck on reading records
1A (Mrs Brown/Mrs Wilkins) – Tuesday (swimming) and Friday
1,2B (Mrs Latham) – Thursday and Friday (swimming)
2C (Miss Young) – Thursday (swimming) and Friday
Check out our Class News page for updates on what is going on in school : scholeselmet.leeds.sch.uk/category/classnews/year1-2showcase/
Homework and spellings are posted weekly too :
Teachers emails for non-urgent questions :
1A Mrs Brown and Mrs Wilkins – firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
1,2B Mrs Latham – firstname.lastname@example.org
2C Miss Young – email@example.com
Please call the office for urgent queries or questions 0113-3649149