The theme this year is All Different, All Equal with the following key aim:
The idea is to help children and young people celebrate what makes them, and others, unique and help them understand why it’s important that every child feels included in school, able to be themselves, without fear of bullying.
As part of their learning this week, children will discuss these aspects of bullying:
- Our definition of bullying
- Types of bullying – cyber-bullying and prejudice-based bullying related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion and belief, special educational need and disability
- What to do if children experience or witness bullying. The key message is to tell someone.
STOP can stand for two key messages:
- the definition (Several Times On Purpose)
- the solution (Start Telling Other People)
All classes have access to worry boxes where they can tell an adult any concerns about bullying or any other issues.
For further support, bullying resources can be found at…